During their trip to Turkey, Sam and Sofia tried Turkish bread, called “ekmek.” People in Turkey eat it with soups and stews. Sam and Sofia learned a recipe for Turkish bread “pizza.” Pick up some Turkish bread from the grocery store and follow the recipe below for a tasty Turkish treat!
What You Will Need
- 2 loaves Turkish bread, medium thickness
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, kalamata or black
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut each loaf in half (lengthwise) so you have 4 flat pieces. Drizzle the bread with olive oil.
- Evenly crumble the feta cheese over the bread.
- Slice the grape tomatoes and olives in half and place on top of cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle fresh basil leaves on top. Enjoy!