Little Passports (www.littlepassports.com) is a high-growth e-commerce company building the next major children’s brand. We design fun and engaging products and experiences for kids to learn about the World. Our award-winning products have been featured in many national publications, including the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur Magazine, Forbes and USA Today. We’re backed by leading investors, and the founding team comes from best-in-class companies.
Little Passports is growing fast, and to support this growth, we are looking for an Associate Sourcing Manager to help with our product sourcing efforts. You will join our Inventory Team and report to our Director of Sourcing. You will be responsible for helping with all aspects of product sourcing including supplier management, product design/sampling, supplier negotiations and product testing.
You’re someone who has experience sourcing products for a children’s company, and you’re passionate about ensuring the products you source are high-quality and delight children. You’re resourceful, quick on your feet, highly detail-oriented, takes initiative, and takes great joy in delighting customers. You must be extremely flexible and comfortable working with ambiguity and enjoy a “high change” environment where priorities shift from day to day. You must also possess strong analytical and quantitative skills.
We promote a flexible and positive work environment. Not only will you work with fun and innovative products that are making a positive impact; you will also work with supportive team members that are all as motivated and as passionate as you are.
Our offices are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of BART.
- Manage sourcing across the company’s entire product portfolio including sourcing for new and ongoing initiatives
- Identify, review and select new vendors/suppliers to ensure they meet company guidelines with regards to product quality and safety
- Manage vendor partnerships including communicating and understanding product requirements, any constraints, costing, lead times and MOQs. Arrange and manage pipeline for product sampling.
- Manage all product safety testing initiatives including testing with independent third-party labs and ensuring all products have proper labeling attached
- Collaborate with the Product Development Team on product development efforts. Partner to understand and communicate product requirements between the team and external suppliers. Manage sourcing development calendar to ensure your sourcing efforts will deliver on company timelines and priorities.
- Collaborate with your colleagues on the Inventory Team and on the Operations to ensure the entire supply chain planning and purchase process is operating efficiently and effectively.
- We are a start-up so candidate must be willing to wear multiple hats, be flexible and pitch in whenever and wherever needed to help get the job done. We love people who are excited to get involved where needed!
- 3 to 5 years of sourcing, purchasing, planning and/or supply chain experience
- Experience with children’s products and toys preferred
- Experience with safety compliance preferred
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, with strong time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Highly-motivated self-starter with a “can-do,” positive attitude
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to use rigorous logic and methods to find effective solutions
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills required
- High proficiency in Excel
- Start-up experience and/or interest in children’s products a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (majors in Economics, Business, or Supply Chain a plus)
To apply, please email your cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com. Only applications with cover letters will be considered.
Little Passports is an equal opportunity employer.