Shake, shake, shake… shake that ice cream. Celebrate the hottest month of summer by whipping up a delicious batch of ice cream. Follow the instructions below and enjoy a sweet treat in a matter of minutes.
What You Will Need
- 1/2 cup organic half & half
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint-size resealable bag
- 1 gallon-size resealable bag
- Ice cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup rock salt
- Fill the small bag with half & half, sugar and vanilla extract. Seal the bag tightly, being careful not to trap air.
- Fill the large bag halfway with ice and salt.
- Place the small bag inside the large bag. Seal tightly.
- Shake vigorously until the mixture inside the small bag becomes ice cream. This should take 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the small bag from the ice bag and give it a rinse to remove the salt particles.
- Dish the ice cream into a bowl or eat it straight from the bag!
This recipe is taken from our USA Edition’s Oregon State Journal. Learn more about our USA Edition!
Want more summer activities?
Little Passports wants your kids to keep learning about their world this summer, so we created Summer Camp in a Box! Featuring products from our World Edition and Science Junior packages, you'll receive everything you need for six fun-filled days of Little Passports Summer Camp. Quantities are limited so get your box today!