Shake It To Make It: Make Ice Cream for Mom
This Mother’s Day, surprise your mom with a bit of sugar, ice, and everything nice! Show her how much you appreciate all that she does by shaking up a batch of delicious ice cream, infused with love. Follow the instructions below to enjoy this sweet treat in a matter of minutes.
- 1/2 cup organic half & half
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint-size resealable bag
- 1 gallon-size resealable bag
- Ice cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup rock salt
- Fill the small bag with half & half, sugar and vanilla extract. Seal the bag tightly, being careful not to trap air.
- Fill the large bag halfway with ice and salt.
- Place the small bag inside the large bag. Seal tightly.
- Shake vigorously until the mixture inside the small bag becomes ice cream. This should take 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the small bag from the ice bag and give it a rinse to remove the salt particles.
- Dish the ice cream into a bowl or eat it straight from the bag!
Want more summer activities?