Pretend play with this campfire craft
There’s something magical about sitting around a campfire, but you don’t need a real fire to gather together, tell stories, or sing a few songs. Have your kids help you put up a tent (or build a fort) in the living room and make this DIY campfire craft to gather around the campfire inside!
- 4 cardboard toilet paper rolls
- 6-10 tissue paper squares, in red, yellow and orange
- Glue Gun
Building your Crafty Campfire
1. Cut all four rolls in half, and then re-roll them tighter, until the hole is about the diameter of a quarter. Use your glue gun to secure the roll. (Adults help out with the scissors and glue gun!)
2. Once the glue is dry, arrange your ‘logs’ into a bonfire pile. Glue them down to hold in place.
3. Lay your yellow and red tissue paper in a loose stack. Grab the stack from the middle and pinch to form your “fire” in the shape of a cone.
4. Glue the tissue paper to the logs and allow to dry.