Father’s Day DIY Card Craft
Handmade cards are so much more personal and memorable than store bought, especially cards that are hand-crafted by kids! Skip the store bought stuff this year and have your kids handcraft a DIY card for dad! Follow the steps below for this adorable yet simple card that’s sure to put a smile on dad’s face.
- construction paper
- two buttons
To craft a card for dad
1. Fold a piece of construction paper in half to make a card shape. Make one inch cuts on both the left and right side of the front. Cut off the top of the card’s back entirely to match the height of the front cuts.
2. Fold the newly cut tabs diagonally to fashion a collar. Glue two buttons on the inner corners of the collar.
3. Glue the collar down to hold it in place.
4. Cut out a tie shape in your favorite color, pattern or theme. (We chose a map!)
5. Write a sweet message and give to dad! Happy Father’s Day!
Kids can sometimes freeze when it comes time to fill out a card. Here are a few suggestions for inspiration:
- Draw a picture of dad doing something he likes.
- Write the letters DAD (or his name) vertically and add adjectives that start with each letter to describe him
- Complete this sentence “Dad, I love when we ______ together.”